Welcome to my blog. I use it primarily to publish my materials from programs I present before the American Bar Association, the American College of Real Estate Lawyers, the American Inns of Court, the District of Columbia Bar, the Maryland State Bar Association, the Harvard Business School Club of Washington, D.C., and other organizations. I would love to receive any questions, comments, criticisms and suggestions you may have on any of these topics. Please check my law firm’s website, at www.samuelson-law.com, and contact me.
- All articles contained in this Blog are only as of their respective dates. None of them has been updated since then. The reader is urged to supplement all of those materials.
- Particular facts and circumstances, and changes of law or fact, may affect the statements in the articles in this Blog.
- 2012.10.08: Real Estate Title Problems - Solutions Available Only in Bankruptcy
- 2012.06.16: Unique Aspects of LLCs in Bankruptcy
- 2011.08.11: Yes, "Bad Boy" Guaranties Against Bankruptcy are Enforceable
- 2011.06.20: Mixed-Use Bankruptcies - Not Trying to Please Everyone
- 2010.04.04: Workout Incentives and Disincentives, Especially with respect to Hotels
- 2010.01.20: Buying a Claim against Yourself from a Bankruptcy Estate; Evaluating Non-Cash Bids
- 2009.04.15: And You Assumed That Escrow Moneys Were Bankruptcy-Proof . . .
- 2008.10.21: Purchase Price Challenges to a Commercial Foreclosure Sale in Maryland
- 2008.10.13: Steps a Secured Lender Should Consider in a Chapter 11 and the Role of a Proposed Plan of Reorganization at Each Step
- 2008.09.18: Drafting Commercial Leases in Light of Bankruptcy Issues
- 2008.04.03: Form - Workout Agreement to Continue Funding Construction
- 2008.04.03: Form - Workout Agreement for a Deed-in-Lieu
- 2008.02.27: Title Insurance Company's Concerns in Issuing Coverage for Lender Remedies for Distressed Commercial Real Estate
- 2008.01.10: A Tenant's Efforts to Assume and Assign a Commercial Lease in a Chapter 11 Triggers Lots of Issues to Fight About
- 2007.11.20: Bankruptcy as a Business Planning Tool
- 2007.10.12: TOP 10 WAYS LAWYERS CAN MESS-UP DEALS
- 2007.05.16: Certain Transactional Planning in, or in Relation to, Bankruptcy
- 2007.04.10: Whistleblower Obligations of Attorneys